Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The opening...

So, a few family members decided to do this so here I am. I thought I should jump on the ban wagon before I get left behind.
I have been in the military for some time now, it’s kind of like being married. “For better, or worse,,,, tell death do us part, sort of.” It’s been a long road with a few bumps here and there. For the most part it’s been a good life. I have been to some beautiful places, and some NOT so beautiful places as well. I will leave out the bad places, because no one wants to hear about hot weather, no trees, and sand in places that you have long since forgotten about, until you found it again with some chafing. I do love the military life. It’s an acquired taste to be sure, but it’s my taste just the same.

On my time off I pursue my other passion in life, fly fishing. It seems to be my center in life.
If an addiction to fly fishing was a crime I would have been put away a long time ago. I fish with a few select friends that "I feel" I get along with, they might tell you different, but this is my blog and not theirs. :)

2 comments:

Mel D said...

Haha. I just want to see you be a fishing guide or have a shop or Something because I think it's awesome that you've found something you love so much. I think the only time i caught fish i was fishing with one of my cousin's that has a stocked pond behind the house. She removed the fish for me because I couldn't handle it. I'd wager she was atleast 10 years younger than me. I'm pretty pathetic aren't I?! I'm glad you got a blog. It'll be good to keep in touch =)

CindyV said...

I'm glad you got a blog, too. I really didn't get them at first, but now I realize it's a great (and lazy!) way to let your friends and family know what's happening in your life. I hope you keep it going!